Permits are required to ensure the safety and welfare of the general public by enforcing structural, building, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical code regulations within the Town. Enforcement is achieved through plan review prior to the issuance of a permit and on-site inspections after permit issuance to verify compliance throughout the construction process.
Permits are required prior to the new construction, additions, alterations or repair of existing buildings and structures. Complete applications and payment of all fees are required in order for a permit to be issued.
- Please review the Town's Code of Ordinances regarding Building Permits and Zoning Regulations prior to submission.
- Permits (forms below) may be submitted:
- In Person during business hours
- The online submittal form located here.
- Email application and supporting documents to email@example.com
- Link to pay the permit fee (please contact Town Hall for your permit number)
- Credit card, cash, and check payments are also accepted at Town Hall during regular business hours
- There is a 3% processing fee for credit card payments
Building Inspection Requests
The Town of Bartonville utilizes a 3rd party contractor for inspections. Inspection requests are required before 4 p.m. to be scheduled the next business day. Time blocks are AM or PM.
Please click here to request an inspection.
How do I know if I pass inspection?
The inspector will leave/post a green or red tag in the immediate vicinity of the work inspected. Green tags indicate approval and red tags indicate corrections are necessary. A red tag will document the corrections that need to be made. It is your responsibility to check the jobsite for the inspection tag. The red tag fee of $75 must be paid before reinspection can be called in.