For all citations, you must appear in person or by mail by the "Appearance Date" printed on your citation. A phone call does NOT constitute an appearance.
In accordance to state laws, for most citations issued a juvenile, parental summons will be issued via certified and regular mail.
Appearance Options on or before the Appearance Dates on your citation, you may:
Appearance Option 1: Plea guilty or "no-contest" and pay fines and costs incurred. For payment, you may:
- Pay in Person by cash, check, money order, or credit card *
- Pay by Mail by check or money order (DO NOT SEND CASH): Download a PLEA Form. You must sign and submit with payment by mail.
- Pay online by credit card* at https://www.fastgovpay.com/bartonville
- Online Payment and a Plea will result in a conviction of the offense and appear on your TX Department of Public Safety, DPS, driving record; a conviction may affect your driver’s license points and insurance premiums. Contact the Department of Public Safety and your insurance company for details and questions.
Appearance Option 2: On or before the Appearance Date on your citation, you may set a Court date if you wish to plead not guilty or wish to discuss alternative or financial arrangements with the Judge . Additionally, if you choose to be represented by counsel, your attorney must make written legal representation on or before your Appearance Date on your citation.
- If you wish to request to appear in Court before the Judge, you must sign a Promise to Appear form, either in person at Bartonville Municipal Court or by mail.
- In person at Town of Bartonville Municipal Court; the Court will provide the form for your signature
- By mail: Print the Promise to Appear Form, complete, and mail to the Court
- For the Court Date/Time, you must call the Bartonville Municipal Court prior to completing and mailing the Promise to Appear form
Appearance Option 3: On or before the Appearance Date on your citation, you may request in person or by mail dismissal of a citation by Deferred Disposition, Driver’s Safety Course (DSC) or Compliance Dismissal. Information for these is available on this page, at top left, or you may call the Court.
*ALL credit card payments are subject to a convenience fee.
If you are a Juvenile or a Minor charged with a Tobacco or Alcohol Related Offense, do not mail payment. Please contact the court for information regarding your appearance.
- Juvenile Traffic (age 10-16): Must appear in court with a parent / legal guardian. Notification will be mailed to the defendant’s address.
- Alcohol or Tobacco by Minor (age 10-17): Must appear in court with a parent / legal guardian. Notification will be mailed to the defendant’s address.
- Alcohol Offenses by a Minor (age 18-20): Must appear in court, on or before the date shown on the citation.
Bartonville Municipal Court Phone: (817) 693-5280 1941 E. Jeter Rd Fax: (817) 491-6367 Bartonville, TX 76226 Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM