For Moving Violations: On or before your Appearance Date on your citation, you may be able to request that your citation for a moving violation be dismissed by complying with the terms and conditions of probation. You will lose that right if you do not provide written notice to the court of your desire to do so on or before your Appearance Date. A written notice is a notarized affidavit of eligibility or sworn request.
Commercial drivers license holders do not qualify.
If you are under the age of 25 and granted deferred disposition, you must also complete a Driving Safety Course.
Eligibility Requirements for Deferred Disposition:
- You must enter a written plea of Guilty or No Contest.
- You must pay the fee in full by your court date. The Deferred Disposition Fee is $299.00. Offense on or after September 1, 2019 will require a fee of $329.00
- You can not have been charged with a speeding in excess of 25 miles per hours over the posted speed limit.
- You can not currently be on Deferred Disposition for another citation in Bartonville, and;
- You have not been on probation within the twelve months preceding the date of the offense in Bartonville.
Upon completion of the terms and conditions of the probation, your ticket will be submitted to the judge for dismissal, resulting in no conviction.
Note: If you would like to request deferred disposition for any offense other than a moving violation you must schedule a court appearance.